NOW HIRING: Competition Director
Competition Director – Job Description and Responsibilities
The competition director is responsible for maintaining the safety and integrity of all events at Texas Motorplex, with particular emphasis on all competition aspects. The competition director oversees all aspects of on-track functions including staffing, safety, rules and overall control of the event format.
The competition director must be willing and able to comply with Texas Motorplex safety regulations above all else and be willing and able to maintain the high standards pursuant to the instructions handed down by the General Manager but do so without being managed throughout each decision.
The competition director is also directly responsible for maintaining all communication with racers and our event partners, sponsors and participants. The competition director must also be able to secure sponsorship and funding for Texas Motorplex race events and will be expected to set and reach all annual sales goals.
The competition director will be given a budget and will not exceed that budget without written approval from the GM at any time.
Daily and weekly responsibilities are to include:
- Reach all sales and sponsorship goals, creating a positive cash flow for the Competition Department
- Maintain regular office hours at Texas Motorplex, attend weekly manager meetings and contribute to the overall function of the facility
- Must have computer skills; basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- MUST have Compulink Timing System experience and knowledge
- Recruit, train and manage track crew
- Create new events; seek out new events; contract all events for enhanced Motorplex schedule
- Work with facility manager to maintain the equipment to safety and operational standards
- Conduct safety seminars and regular training with track crew
- Staff ambulance for events
- Staff fire trucks for events
- Create run sheet for events (classes, lane assignments, time frame, etc.)
- Create pit layout for all feature events, maintain the facility map
- Create, order and maintain event trophies, awards, prizes
- Staff the fuel station
- Maintain fuel station inventory and MUST be able to reconcile weekly fuel inventory and sales sheets as well as submit a monthly inventory for the GM and CFO
- Staff and train all announcer booth talent
- Work with accounting to have payouts ready for each event
- Work with ticketing to ensure all tech cards are ready for each event
- Communicate with racers via phone calls, Facebook and e-communication
- Maintain a clean and organized Race Control that is prepared and stocked for all events
- Maintain the track supplies, handling all ordering once approved by the GM
- Ensure the racing surface is ready and properly maintained to Texas Motorplex highest standards of competition preparedness
- Maintain the radios ensuring they work and are being used properly
- Calculate and manage all the bracket points
- Submit points and results to National Dragster and to GM for posting each Monday following events
- Manage the budgets for supplies, staffing and all other financial needs of the Competition Department
- Maintain a list of necessary capital improvements for the overall track safety and integrity
- Other duties as assigned
TO APPLY: You MUST have racing experience, CompuLink experience; MUST be able to work nights and weekends. Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Applications without a cover and resume will not be considered. Applications submitted anywhere but the email above will not be considered.