Don Omar DragMania Music Festival Schedule and Ticketing Information
For the first time ever, Don Omar is bringing his drag race and concert festival to North Texas. DragMania takes over Texas Motorplex Memorial Weekend. The weekend kicks off with a Fast Friday event open to all racers and street legal drivers. Gates open at 6 p.m., racing from 7 p.m. until Midnight. DragMania heats up on Saturday, May 25 with racing from 1-6 p.m. Final eliminations begin on Sunday, May 26 followed by car show judging and assorted fan contests before the award show starts at 6:30 p.m. and concert at 7 p.m. featuring multi-Latin Billboard winning artist, Don Omar!
Go HERE for tickets for Don Omar’s DragMania. Tickets are available in single day or weekend passes.
May 25th, 2013
9:00 Gates Open Racer and Spectator
10:00 Tech Inspection, Racer and Car Show Registration
1:00 1st Heads-up Qualifying round Outlaw VS Extreme, Top Street, All Motor
2:00 Bracket Time Trials
3:30 2nd Heads-up Qualifying round Outlaw VS Extreme, Top Street, All Motor
4:00 Bracket Time Trials
6:00 Final Heads-up Qualifying round All Motor, Top Street, Outlaw VS Extreme
8:00 Secure Track
May 26th, 2013
9:00 Gates Open Spectator
11:00 1st Round Eliminations Outlaw VS Extreme, Top Street, All Motor
1:00 2nd Round Eliminations Outlaw VS Extreme, Top Street, All Motor
1:30 Car Show Judging Starts
3:00 3rd Round Eliminations Outlaw VS Extreme, Top Street, All Motor
4:00 Wet T-Shirt Contest on stage
5:00 Final Round Eliminations All Motor, Top Street, Outlaw VS. Extreme
6:30 Award Ceremony Racing and Car Show
7:00 Dragmania Concert
Don Omar performance (60 mins) and also features Natti Natasha
Pina Records performance is also 60 mins and include the following artist: Plan B, Zion & Lennox, RAKIM & KEN Y, LOBO
More info: Go to http://Dragmaniamusicfest.com for information on past events, ticket pricing and how to register cars.
In addition to the more than 20 Fast Friday street legal events at Texas Motorplex in 2013, there will also be one feature Saturday night of Ultimate Street Racing each month between May and November.
The gate and racing times will be later. The racing will be quicker and faster. The action will be even more heated.
Gates for the Ultimate Street Nights, starting on Saturday, May 18, will open at 7 p.m. and racing will take place between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m.
Certain nights, including the series opener, will also feature the Texas 275 cars.
“The 275 cars will be out a few times and they really put on a show,” Texas Motorplex Competition Director, Eric McClelland, said. “The 275 cars run 1/8th mile in 4.70-seconds and they are exciting to watch. Some of them are even street legal cars.
“Overall we’re excited about the new Saturday night program because it’s easier for people who work to come out. It’s a fun night to stay out late and race and we’re going to have a show-and-shine area in addition to racing so people can show off their rides.”
Ultimate Street Nights will be just $15 to race, and $10 to watch. Racing is open to anyone with a valid driver’s license and a street legal car.
The six-event series will also help determine the high school participants representing Texas Motorplex at the Oct. 18-21 Summit E.T. Finals. The top high school talent will earn a place on the Motorplex team and will compete for big prizes on the region’s biggest racing stage.
Texas Motorplex was the first all-concrete stadium-style drag racing facility ever constructed. Built in 1986, Texas Motorplex has been the place of many drag racing milestones and world record performances. The Billy Meyer-owned facility hosts a number of racing and car show events between March and November each year and also features the Champion’s Club – an 11,000 square-foot facility – that serves fully catered events throughout the year.
Trackside Motorhome Spaces are Available
Stay trackside and watch the races from the comfort of your motorhome
Texas Motorplex has space openings on both the pit side and the spectator side Motorhome Corrals for the 28th annual AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals, September 19-22, 2013.
Spectator side motorhome spaces are $1,000 for the weekend, include water, waste, and electrical hookups on 15 ft wide by 30 ft long concrete spaces at the end of the spectator grandstands. The spectator side motorhome corral spaces do not include tickets as part of the space, you will need to purchase tickets for everyone staying in the motorhome for each day of the event.
Pit side motorhome spaces are located between the pit side food court and the Finish Line Grandstands, they are 25 Ft wide and include 4 Full Event tickets to the AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals, all for just $1,500. The pit side motorhome spaces do not include any hook ups so the motorhomes must be self contained. We will have a service company that will make rounds throughout the weekend when that can deliver water and pump waste for a small fee.
Parking for one support vehicle and one motorhome is included with the space. Parking is extremely limited and any additional vehicles will need to park in the main spectator parking lot and enter through the spectator gate.
Spaces are very limited and available only by reservation.
Call 972-878-2641 or e-mail tickets@texasmotorplex.
Here’s a special offer to all race fan Moms out there. Order your tickets before May 15 to experience the nitro burning racing action at the 28th annual AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals and get the kids in FREE. Make sure your Adult and Child tickets in your cart and use the Promo code: MOMSDAY13 and the kids tickets will be FREE.
Valid for Northside or Southside Grandstand Sections. Not valid on Super Seats or Champion’s Club tickets. Discount cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Offer expires 5/15/13.
Texas Motorplex has been hosting championship racing and family entertainment events since 1986 and has one of the most loyal fan followings in professional sports. The Motorplex hosts more than 60 events each year including a championship playoff NHRA national event.
We have a dynamic staff that has worked as a team for several years and we are looking to add a self-starting sales leader who can be a positive addition to our team.
SALES LEADER DUTIES:
Texas Motorplex is a fast-paced environment and we are looking for a driven, self-motivated, sales-oriented and passionate individual to execute sponsorship sales. Texas Motorplex has a vast inventory to sell, including signage throughout the 300-acre property, executive suites, event sponsorship and much more.
Handle existing clients ensuring all contracts are fulfilled and obligations met while renewing agreements for future years.
- Total sales execution: Seek prospects, make contact, schedule meeting, create and deliver presentations, contract negotiation and closing of sales.
- MUST be able to close deals.
- Must be able to create marketing platforms and new sales and sponsorship opportunities.
- Must be able to hit sales goals.
- Must be able to attend weekly team meetings and be ready to give sales updates.
- Must be organized and keep accurate records of performance, prospecting and all other sales activities.
Seek sponsorship opportunities on behalf of Texas Motorplex to local, regional and national prospects in and out of the racing industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have at least four years of previous sales experience.
- Racing or automotive industry experience preferred.
- Must be a self-starter who doesn’t need to be micro-managed and will actively be part of the Motorplex team.
- Must be able to close sales deals.
- Must be able to represent the owners and staff of Texas Motorplex by being a highly visible team member.
- Must have strong negotiating and closing skills to go with a highly professional attitude.
- Must be organized and able to keep accurate records, send out weekly reports, create sales pitches and presentations and overall have dynamic organization skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and perform under pressure.
- Must be able to fulfill contractual obligations and work fast-paced racing and entertainment events with and for clients.
- Racing or automotive contacts a must, national contacts preferred.
- Must be a problem-solver with great flexibility.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and events as needed.
- Must be a proficient computer user: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Annual salary: $50,000-$70,000 depending on experience and past closed sales figures
- Health insurance
- Competitive commission rates including increased rates for closed multi-year contracts
To be considered for the position, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org